5 Fantastic Acne Spot Treatments That Really Zap Pesky Zits
Not everyone has to deal with a face half full of acne; many of us just have to live with the occasional spot or two. However that can be just as embarrassing and annoying to deal with. Having to completely change your well-practiced copied-from-YouTube makeup techniques just to try to cover up a pesky zit is a real pain and going without makeup and exposing the pesky pimples to the world isn’t an appetizing thought for most of us either.
But the simple fact is that you really don’t have to ‘just deal’ with those dreaded pimples, pimples that do tend to pop up at the absolute worst times too. And you don’t have to worry that that nasty zit is going to leave a dark spot on your skin that you’ll still have to try and conceal even when the pimple itself has healed. Why? Because there are some great acne spot treatments just waiting to be put together in your home and the chances are that many of the ingredients are already waiting for you to put them to good use in your kitchen cabinet.
Here’s a look at some of my favorite acne spot treatments, the ones that can be a real lifesaver if you have a big interview coming up and in a few days – or a hot date – and you really need to look your best.
1. Great Green Tea and Ice Cube Acne Spot Treatment
Green tea is a very versatile and potent natural healer in general. It has been shown to help boost brain power, help the body burn more fat, reduce your risk for heart disease and Type 2 diabetes and even relieve stress.
Scientists say that a lot of this is due to the high level of antioxidants contained in green tea. And you can harness the power of them to help fight acne as well.
• Green Tea (1 teabag)
• Here’s all you need to do to use green tea as a very effective, and very soothing spot acne treatment
• Brew a nice strong pot of green tea (from teabags is fine)
• Allow it to cool a little
• Then fill an ice cube tray up with it.
• Once the tea is frozen pop an ice cube out and simply hold it on the pesky pimple you are trying to get rid of until it melts.
2. Tea Tree Oil and Lavender Acne Spot Treatment
Tea tree oil, which is derived only from the tea trees of Southern Australia, is another natural substance that offers all kinds of healing powers. One of those is the ability to help zap zits, not just because its antioxidant properties but also because it is a rather powerful antimicrobial and antiseptic.
Lavender on the other hand is a skin soothing, skin calming natural healer that has also been shown to help reduce dark spots – including dark acne scars – on the skin. Combining it with tea tree oil for acne creates an effective one two punch to fight particularly persistent pimples and thanks to the beautiful lavender scent you might even feel a little happier and relaxed after using this natural acne home remedy too!
• Lavender essential oil
• Tea tree oil
• Jojoba oil (to act as a carrier)
• Mix 2 to 3 drops of lavender, 1 teaspoon of tea tree oil with 1 teaspoon of jojoba oil in a small bowl.
• Give it a little stir and
• Then apply to the affected areas.
Simple huh? Any unused mixture can be stored in a tinted vial for later use too.
3. Awesome Aspirin Acne Spot Treatment
Although most of us think of aspirin as a very modern medical miracle it is actually derived from willow fine – the bark of a willow tree – and that has been used for medicinal purposes for centuries. Among the many uses you can put aspirin to is as a quick acting pimple zapper.
• Fully crush 1 to 3 aspirins
• Mix the powder with a few drops of water until you have a smooth thick paste,
• Apply that paste to the pimple(s) you want to treat and leave on for 15 minutes or until completely dry
• Then rinse with lukewarm water.
The aspirin will dry up the pimple, speeding healing and also help to prevent those nasty acne scars from forming.
Don’t use more than 3 aspirins at once, because it can lead to blood-thinning issues as it is absorbed into your bloodstream.
4. Clever Clove and Honey Acne Spot Treatment
Some of the most difficult pimples to deal with are those that lurk just under the skin, never quite erupting but displaying as an unsightly – and sometimes painful – bump that is just as troubling. Sometimes people are tempted to try pop their pimples and squeeze them to ‘force’ the zit out but that is never a good idea, you are likely to end up with a nasty scar or ‘pockmark’ that way, not the result you want at all.
Instead of playing with your pimples – and thus playing with fire – try this clove and honey acne spot treatment instead. It’s easy to make, easy to apply and will help clear up those ‘hidden’ pimples without permanently damaging your skin:
• Raw Honey (2 ounces)
• Clove essential oil
• Ground nutmeg (1 teaspoon)
• Small mixing bowl
• In the mixing bowl combine together two ounces of raw honey, eight to ten drops of clove oil and one teaspoon of nutmeg.
• Stir the mixture well until you have a uniform combination.
• Apply to the affected area.
To store the rest of mixture for later use pour it into an empty tinted jar. As this treatment is very gentle you can actually use it twice a day and you’ll get great, ‘fast-acting’ results.
4. DIY Pink Pimple Potion
Many of you may have heard of a rather famous pink pimple liquid that is utilized by Hollywood makeup artists and has been for years. They use it because it’s a tried and tested way to dry out a pimple fast so it’s ideal for use on their clients who simply can’t afford to show up on set with a huge zit.
The pink stuff – we can’t really name it but think the plumber from a famous Nintendo game – is great but it’s also rather expensive. This DIY version will cost you a quarter of the price (or even less) and one batch will last you for up to six months.
• Calamine lotion
• Tea Tree Oil
• A 3 inch lidded bottle or container (usually easy to find at the drug store)
• Small funnel (one that will fit into the mouth of the bottle)
• Mix the ingredients into the bottle directly.
• Begin by combining one part water with two parts tea tree oil in a bowl and then set aside.
• Next, fill the bottle one third of the way up with calamine lotion before topping off with the tea tree oil and water mixture until it is almost full.
• After the bottle is filled and lidded leave the mixture to stand.
• The heavier calamine lotion will sink to the bottom and the oil will separate from the water but that’s the way you want it.
• When you are ready to use the mixture use a cotton bud and dip it right to the bottom of the bottle so that you get both oil and calamine.
Taking the now soaked cotton bud dab the mixture onto the zit you need to zap and allow to dry. This is best done before bed, so that you can let it work overnight, but in a real emergency – it’s four o’clock and your date is arriving at 8 – you can get decent results in a couple of hours.
The next time you find yourself facing a zit emergency give one of these home remedies a try, I think you’ll be pleased with the results. And after you do let us know which of them worked best for you, I love zit zapping stories (strange, but true.)
Incorporate one of the remedies into your daily routine for several months to completely get rid of blackheads and other spots. Please do not try to pick your blackheads during your process to avoid aggravated them.
You may be interested
9 Best Foundations for Acne Prone skin and Oily SkinChristine Glasgow - Jun 03, 2017
The Best Makeup & Foundation for Acne-Prone Skin For many, the thought of leaving the house without make up is…
Acne Face Map: What Does Acne Reveal About Your HealthChristine Glasgow - Jun 03, 2017
The Art of Acne Face Mapping Explained We can be sure that human beings have been battling acne since they…
Rodan and Fields Reviews – Do These Adult Acne Products Really Work?Christine Glasgow - Jun 03, 2017
The Truth Behind Rodan + Fields Products Rodan and Fields - as in Dr. Kathy Fields and Dr. Katie Rodan…