5 Tried and Tested Natural Ways to Get Rid of Pimples Fast
How to Get Rid of Pimples Overnight
Pimples are, at the best of times, an unsightly nuisance. When they pop up right before an important event – a hot date, a big job interview, that once in a lifetime audition, your wedding day – when you had hoped to look your very best they can be a nightmare.
While there are some very effective ways to get rid of acne pimples out there, many of them call for a little time and patience before you actually see results. If you are dealing with a pimple that has erupted the night before a big event you don’t have time for that. Fortunately, there are some time tested, surprisingly good home remedies you can try that should do the trick.
It should be noted, before we begin, that most of these methods are rather powerful and they are not suited for everyday acne fighting. There are plenty of other remedies for that. These are emergency measures to be used carefully and sparingly. But boy can they be lifesavers.
So, without further ado, here are fabulous ways to get rid of pimples overnight.
1. Handy Homemade ‘Pink Stuff’
If you are a regular ready of the big beauty magazines, or a follower of some of the many YouTube makeup gurus then the chances are good that you have heard of a rather iconic ‘pink pimple potion’ that Hollywood makeup artists have been making use of for years to get rid of pimples fast. After all if you feel bad that you have a pesky pimple the day before a hot date how do you think say, Jennifer Lawrence feels if she gets one right before that big movie money shot is set to be filmed?
The pink stuff in question is sold by a famous Italian skincare house and it is not cheap. It’s also not that easy to get your hands on, as it is only sold via mail order. But as clever as this stuff is it is actually not that hard to replicate at home.
• A small, lidded glass bottle (about 2-3” high)
• Eyedropper or small funnel
• A bottle of calamine lotion
• Tea tree oil
• In a small mixing bowl, combine two parts tea tree oil with one part water,
• Stir well and set aside.
• Using the funnel – or an eyedropper if you can’t find a funnel small enough to fit the bottle
• Fill the bottle ⅓ of the way up with calamine lotion.
• Next, fill the rest of the bottle with the oily water.
• Cap the bottle and shake.
As it settles the three liquids will separate out again, but that’s fine, just give it another shake before you use it or use a cotton bud to scrape to the bottom to make sure you get both oil and calamine.
Dab the liquid on the pimple and then leave the mixture on overnight. The job this does on both ‘drying out’ the pimple and reducing redness is usually very impressive indeed. You can store the rest of the mixture in a cool, dark place for later use and it’ll ‘stay good’ for up to six months.
2. Neat Neem Oil Pimple Potion
Neem oil is also an excellent way to dry up pimples fast. It’s not something you’ll find everywhere but most health food stores do carry it and believe it or not you’ll also find it at home and garden centers, as it’s a powerful bug killer too!
Neem oil is in fact both an antibacterial and an antimicrobial so it’s a good general acne fighter but it’s the Sulphur content that clears up single pimples fast.
• Neem Oil (2 to 3 drops)
• To use it to banish pimples rather than weevils though is pretty easy.
• Dilute neem oil with water
• Wash your face to ensure it is as clean as possible.
• Dab the water neem oil mix directly onto the pimple(s) you are trying to treat.
• Leave in on overnight before rinsing away in the morning.
Make sure that that you don’t use more than 2-3 drops of neem oil.
To avoid itching or stinging, neem oil should always be diluted water, olive oil, coconut oil, or another carrier oil.
3. Terrific Toothpaste Pimple Zapper
Simple toothpaste can also be used to zap a pesky pimple overnight but you do need to be very careful. You should only use the ‘old fashioned’ white toothpaste (you can probably find it at the dollar store though) and you should dab the toothpaste on the zit very carefully.
This is a very powerful way to get rid of pimples fast but it is also very drying, so this should only be used as a last resort.
• White toothpaste not the gel kind
• Use your index finger to gently apply a thin layer toothpaste directly to pimples.
• Don’t rub just apply a thin layer wide enough to cover the zit.
• Leave the toothpaste on overnight and then rinse away completely in the morning with lukewarm water.
• Pat dry and apply a moisturizer
For best results use once a day. Do not use toothpaste all over your face as a face mask.
4. Great Garlic Zit Tamer
No time to get to the drug store? Have a few cloves of garlic in the kitchen? Great, then you still have everything you need to get rid of acne overnight.
There are a number of reasons that raw garlic is such a potent pimple potion. It has antiviral, antiseptic and antioxidant properties and when it comes to fast zit zapping like the neem oil we mentioned before it’s the sulfur it contains that does the trick.
• Garlic clove
To use garlic to help banish a pesky pimple fast,
• Cut a clove in half and then rub one half over the affected area.
• Leave the ‘juice’ in place for 15-20 minutes and
• Then rinse off with lukewarm water.
Any redness or swelling should be decreased and the pimple itself well on its way to disappearing.
Oh, and to get rid of that very pungent garlic smell? A little baking soda added to water should do the trick.
5. Crazy Good Cinnamon and Lemon Pimple Zapper
Another way to make use of the ingredients in your kitchen to get rid of pimples fast is to make use of fresh lemon juice and a pinch of cinnamon. Be warned though, this is another very powerful potion and is not to be used by those with sensitive skin.
• Lemon Juice
• Cinnamon Powder
• To make your lemony pimple zapper,
• Combine one tablespoon of fresh lemon juice (as in juice squeezed from a lemon rather the bottled stuff) and one teaspoon of cinnamon powder.
• Apply to the affected area and leave on overnight.
• When you rise off the mixture in the morning do so carefully and then follow up with a good, oil free moisturizer to prevent over drying.
What NOT if You want to Banish a Pesky Pimple Fast and for Good
Some people very mistakenly believe that if they pop a pimple that will help up it clear up right away. Wrong. It’s not that a pimple can never be popped but doing so the right way is a bit of an art.
The problem is that most people pop pimples with their fingers. Their bacteria covered fingers. And if the pus from the popped pimple hits an unaffected area of skin it could quickly spread and cause more pimples! And finally pimple popping of any kind always carries the risk of acne scarring, something you definitely do not want to have to deal with.
We hope that one of these methods to help get rid of pimples overnight will be helpful to you the next time you find yourself facing a zit emergency. If you do try one or more of them do let us know how they worked out for you, we’d love to hear your story.
You may be interested
Foods that Cause Acne. Or Do They?Christine Glasgow - May 11, 2017
Acne is complicated stuff, as anyone who suffers from it already knows. So many causes, possible causes and potential triggers.…
How to Use the Best Vitamins for Acne to Improve Your Skin From the Inside OutChristine Glasgow - May 11, 2017
If you suffer from even the mildest case of acne then chances are that you have tried all kinds of…
How to use toothpaste to get rid of acne fastChristine Glasgow - May 11, 2017
How to use toothpaste for acne Having pimples and acne is never fun. Watching a pimple pop up the day…